Hello Guest
Provigil schedule change?
« on: December 28, 2017, 04:28:56 PM »
I used to be able to get several months of provigil on one prescription. Then I only got one month, but it could be called into the pharmacy. Today my doctor's office says I have to go pick up the written prescription. Anybody else having these problems?
Did the schedule actually change or is my insurance company doing this?
This shit is difficult enough already.
Re: Provigil schedule change?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 04:36:24 PM »
From what I've seen, they require a paper script for Nuvigil and Provigil. They treat them like narcotics. You even have to show ID to pick them up at the pharmacy.
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 05:57:04 PM »
I haven't had any issues, the VA mails them to me.  I don't even have to sign, they just leave it in my box.  Same with all my other meds, even Xanax.   Maybe see if your insurance offers mail delivery?
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 07:00:02 PM »
I have not. Yet, possibly. I'm sorry you're going through this.
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 11:47:23 PM »
It could be a state change in schedule or rules for the current. State requirements for different levels of control are unique to each. I would doubt it's the insurance company. If you have an issue, contact your board of pharmacy and they will walk you through the rules and any changes to the requirements.
Also, your doctor's office could be having an issue with fraud. If someone is trying to use your doc's DEA numbers, they tend to regulate more tightly in house.