Hello Guest
Until when should I use nasal steroids?
« on: April 29, 2018, 01:34:34 PM »
My doctor prescribed nasal steroids (Fluticasone) for my allergic rhinitis and I forgot to ask her until when I should use it. Tried Googling it, and no time frames were given. :o Does it mean I need to use it forever?
Re: Until when should I use nasal steroids?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 02:00:23 PM »
If you have ongoing symptoms, you would continue to use it. If you are a seasonal sufferer,  you can stop when your allergy season abates.
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 02:01:59 PM »
Forever. The steroids are very minimal. You’re gonna love it!
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2018, 02:05:59 PM »
If you have ongoing symptoms, you would continue to use it. If you are a seasonal sufferer,  you can stop when your allergy season abates.
So if my symptoms disappear in like a month (the product insert said symptoms usually disappear by then), I can stop using it and just use it again if the symptoms reappear? Not sure if mine is seasonal, they just seem to flare up randomly.
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2018, 02:14:51 PM »
Forever. The steroids are very minimal. You’re gonna love it!
Forever even if the symptoms are already gone?
edit: I have eczema and developed steroid addiction, so I'm a bit wary. I love steroids (they're nothing short of miracles), but the side-effects are scary. Does it not happen with nasal steroids? Google search showed addiction to nasal decongestants, but not steroids, so it seems promising!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2018, 07:19:49 PM »
So if my symptoms disappear in like a month (the product insert said symptoms usually disappear by then), I can stop using it and just use it again if the symptoms reappear? Not sure if mine is seasonal, they just seem to flare up randomly.
That's right.  Some people have chronic nasal swelling and some only have it seasonally.  I think it takes 2-3 days to kick in if you have stopped, but this is the only downside to stopping.  If you have sinus infection, it's probably good to keep on using for 30 days so it completely clears up.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2018, 07:20:20 PM »
I was told I can use mine daily as directed. If you have concerns, ask your doctor.