Hello Guest
i have no idea???
« on: March 31, 2018, 03:03:12 PM »
hello, i have no idea of what this could be??? i do have an allergy to dogs,cats & dustmites (i do have a cat & dog) i keep having these symptoms but my allergist keeps saying its anxiety, yeah i sorta am a little anxious but these symptoms affect me in my lightest, calmest moments too? can my allergies be causing these & does anyone know what these are... i have such horrible sensitivity to light, i see floaters, beams and lights everywhere, i get eye pain, frontal headaches and ears aches, i also get facial pressure and dullness and toothaches, i often get dizziness and spells of vertigo when especially when i stare at something (like looking down at a book or sleeping) and look and get up i get these dizziness, vertigo spells and even temp blindness.... i have always had chronic ringing and annoying sparring sounds in my ear that i always sleep with a fan on, i always believe what i have maybe is post-nasal drip with extreme thrist and thick, stringy saliva, i often clear my throat and have wheezing and and throat tightness and clear drainage from the nose and i do wake up with sore throats.... everytime i see my ent he sticks up microscope up my nose and says my sinuses are clear i dont understand??? can all this correlate to a certain diagnosis and can these be caused by my cat, dog and dust mite allergies (i am exposed to them allday and i dont really have avoidance) i had to drop out of school because i couldnt even concentrate and i was constantly confused and couldnt function... i take allegra in the morning, flonase/astelin combo in morning and night.
and btw... would it be beneficial to get a food allergy test done? i do also have digestive problems/bloating/gas and rarely pass stool, i dont know of any particular food triggers because i eat such a variety of things. i had a severe skin reaction to milk/soy baby formula when i was an infant... can that carry on with less side effects?
Re: i have no idea???
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 03:29:49 PM »
It sounds a lot like you are suffering from optical migraines in addition to allergies.
Dehydration can make post nasal drip/mucous thicker. It can also exacerbate digestive functions.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 03:32:52 PM »
These symptoms could be related to constant allergic exposure.  They could also be related to  a mast cell disorder. (MCAS or Mastocytosis)
Since the mast cell is involved in classical allergies as well, there's a huge amount of symptom overlap.  But the brain fog, vertigo, anxiety and other neurological stuff is more common with the mast cell disorders.
Mast cell disorders don't really increase your chances of having regular (IgE mediated) allergies, but they don't decrease the odds either.  (There's an exception to this with about 1/3 of people with mast cell disorders having an IgE allergy to hymenoptera venom)
Usually with a mast cell disorder you see a pattern of reactions to odd things, like emotional stress, exercise, sunlight, smells, dyes and preservatives, heat/cold or sudden temp changes.  Often there's a strong circadian rhythm to symptoms.  Typically worse in the evenings, night, and mornings.  Got any of that kind of weirdness?
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 04:03:57 PM »
These symptoms could be related to constant allergic exposure.  They could also be related to  a mast cell disorder. (MCAS or Mastocytosis)
Since the mast cell is involved in classical allergies as well, there's a huge amount of symptom overlap.  But the brain fog, vertigo, anxiety and other neurological stuff is more common with the mast cell disorders.
Mast cell disorders don't really increase your chances of having regular (IgE mediated) allergies, but they don't decrease the odds either.  (There's an exception to this with about 1/3 of people with mast cell disorders having an IgE allergy to hymenoptera venom)
Usually with a mast cell disorder you see a pattern of reactions to odd things, like emotional stress, exercise, sunlight, smells, dyes and preservatives, heat/cold or sudden temp changes.  Often there's a strong circadian rhythm to symptoms.  Typically worse in the evenings, night, and mornings.  Got any of that kind of weirdness?
as for the patterns of reactions to odd things there's nothing that i can recall that is strange and that happens in a circadian rhythms, how is this diagnosed? through blood testing/examination?
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 04:09:48 PM »
It sounds a lot like you are suffering from optical migraines in addition to allergies.
Dehydration can make post nasal drip/mucous thicker. It can also exacerbate digestive functions.
yeah, i have have been trying eye-drops that just dont work, the eye problems have been life-long, i can literally stare at my computer screen and look over and see everything i saw on my computer screen on a blank wall, just blurs, fuzziness and blurryness all around. I often to squint alot, perhaps these can trigger many of the facial pain and headaches? have you've heard of SpectraShield FL-41 migraine glasses lens? i hear they are good for blocking out a ton of harmful lighting and are good for migraines
i think i would love to try them, they're a bit pricey not even sure an eye doctor can prescribe them?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 04:21:56 PM »
as for the patterns of reactions to odd things there's nothing that i can recall that is strange and that happens in a circadian rhythms, how is this diagnosed? through blood testing/examination?
Diagnosis depends on the type.  Mastocytosis requires biopsies to diagnose.  MCAS requires either 24 hour urine tests, or a series of blood tryptase tests (must compare a baseline tryptase to tryptase taken during a significant flare if symptoms.)  Both require locating a doctor who is familiar with mast cell disorders, as Mastocytosis is rare (1 in 200,000 or so)  and MCAS is more common, but newly discovered in 2007, so most doctors aren't really aware it exists.  Typically Allergists/Immunologists.  
It's always possible you have allergies + migraines, + something else causing the rest of the symptoms.  
The mast cell stuff, the circadian rhythm tends to affect the baseline, and the triggers affect more acute symptoms.  I have MCAS (and a few IgE allergies like peanut and wasps).  I get reactions to heat.  If there's any sudden heat I feel pretty awful and itchy within 15 min.  But I also flush a bit and get itchy at night, and wake up sweating at night often.  Mornings are pretty hard on me too.  The time of day doesn't matter for my triggers for the acute reactions so much as baseline chronic symptoms.  I also have mild dermatographia.  Though pressure produces more redness than raised welts for me.
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 04:46:47 PM »
yeah, i have have been trying eye-drops that just dont work, the eye problems have been life-long, i can literally stare at my computer screen and look over and see everything i saw on my computer screen on a blank wall, just blurs, fuzziness and blurryness all around. I often to squint alot, perhaps these can trigger many of the facial pain and headaches? have you've heard of SpectraShield FL-41 migraine glasses lens? i hear they are good for blocking out a ton of harmful lighting and are good for migraines
i think i would love to try them, they're a bit pricey not even sure an eye doctor can prescribe them?
I'm not familiar with them but I would definitely schedule an appointment with an ophthalmologist and get the eye issues diagnosed. Floaters can be a prelude to more serious issues.
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2018, 04:59:21 PM »
Might be sensitivity to electromagnetic fields (EMFs) when you're near wireless phones, plasma TVs, etc. Ringing in the ears, headaches, and vision problems are typical symptoms.
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2018, 05:15:22 PM »
I doubt all your eye issues are related - probably best to see an eye doctor about those? Ringing and sounds in the ears is called tinnitus. There's no cure for it, just protecting your ears from getting worse by avoiding loud music on headphones and wearing ear plugs for protection if you are around loud noises. The sore throat when you wake up is probably the dust allergy. Adding a dust mite cover to your bed and washing your bedding in hot water once per week may help. The food allergy test isn't a bad idea! You could also try allergy shots to help with the dust and pet dander allergies.
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2018, 05:29:23 PM »
Might be sensitivity to electromagnetic fields (EMFs) when you're near wireless phones, plasma TVs, etc. Ringing in the ears, headaches, and vision problems are typical symptoms.
interesting, I often am up close to a cellphone, computer, and television a lot & I do listen to music with earphones... i notice the biggest triggers of these symptoms seem to be sunlight, watching tv, on computer, and cellphone and when strong fragrances are in the air like febreeze and when laundry is being done. I often close all shades and windows in my room and my parents think im crazy i even close them downstairs because too much light is just so irritating for some reasoning and they seem bothered by it. of course, i often spend my time in a dark room up close to a computer or cellphone which  doesnt make it better (maybe actually worse). Yeah, I used to live in a group home and they didnt allow cellphones and computer and i never listened to music through headphones/earphones and the tv wasnt up close. the lights also seemed dimmer in the facility and looking back now i noticed these symptoms i have now were rare however of course i wasnt exposed to cats and dogs there either and the facility was cleaned daily so a dust mite problem wasnt so bad... i might actually look into this also.
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2018, 05:39:32 PM »
I doubt all your eye issues are related - probably best to see an eye doctor about those? Ringing and sounds in the ears is called tinnitus. There's no cure for it, just protecting your ears from getting worse by avoiding loud music on headphones and wearing ear plugs for protection if you are around loud noises. The sore throat when you wake up is probably the dust allergy. Adding a dust mite cover to your bed and washing your bedding in hot water once per week may help. The food allergy test isn't a bad idea! You could also try allergy shots to help with the dust and pet dander allergies.
yes i hope to see an eye doctor within the next few weeks, my allergists gave me steroid eye drops that are not helpful. as for the ringing and sounds in the ear Ill experiment avoiding using headphones/earphones for quite some bit and using earplugs throughout the day. as for the dust allergy, i was just recently diagnosed so i do look forward to doing things to minimize their exposure.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2018, 05:41:07 AM »
interesting, I often am up close to a cellphone, computer, and television a lot & I do listen to music with earphones... i notice the biggest triggers of these symptoms seem to be sunlight, watching tv, on computer, and cellphone and when strong fragrances are in the air like febreeze and when laundry is being done. I often close all shades and windows in my room and my parents think im crazy i even close them downstairs because too much light is just so irritating for some reasoning and they seem bothered by it. of course, i often spend my time in a dark room up close to a computer or cellphone which  doesnt make it better (maybe actually worse). Yeah, I used to live in a group home and they didnt allow cellphones and computer and i never listened to music through headphones/earphones and the tv wasnt up close. the lights also seemed dimmer in the facility and looking back now i noticed these symptoms i have now were rare however of course i wasnt exposed to cats and dogs there either and the facility was cleaned daily so a dust mite problem wasnt so bad... i might actually look into this also.
I don't have a lot of EMF symptoms but since I can't tolerate stuff like Febreeze, my doctor tells me to avoid EMFs. I think I don't have a problem with it because I learned about it back when I was an environmental health researcher and learned to avoid EMFs at least when I sleep every night. Back then we did some EMF sensitivity research but couldn't publish anything about it after a POTUS came in who wouldn't allow it, so doctors just thought people were crazy, especially those with auditory hallucinations. That said, I have a lot of friends who are extremely EMF sensitive, especially the one who was struck by lightning twice. They can't be near above ground power lines or smart meters or solar panels for too long. The most sensitive ones can't be near underground power lines, drive a late model car, or use anything but a corded phone. Instead of totally avoiding EMFs, some use products that shield their body and they swear by the LessEMF website. Here's a good EMF overview.