Hello Guest
Testosterone levels question/experience
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:50:44 PM »
Hi everyone! I'm new here, and have been searching for the answer to a specific question and haven't been able to find it. Perhaps someone on here has some experience they can relay.
I'm 34 with very low T. 340-400. I recently started TRT. But because it requires me to inject every week for the rest of my life I have been researching alternatives. I recently stumbled upon the theory that clomid and novaldex can sometimes get your body to start producing naturally without the need for the external TRT. This sounds like a godsend to me if it can work. However, I have not been able to find anyone that can confirm permanent results..and my doctor seems to have little faith in it. Does anyone/Has anyone had experience with clomid or novaldex as far as permanent/long lasting results in returning your test levels to normal?????
Re: Testosterone levels question/experience
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »
Use the search bar in /r/steroids.  This has been brought up a lot there and is fairly controversial.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »
Use the search bar in /r/steroids.  This has been brought up a lot there and is fairly controversial.
I tried..no results. :(
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »
Ahh..probably because I'm spelling nolvadex wrong. doh!
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 04:21:42 PM »
Nolvadex binds to the Estrogen receptors in your body, so the natural Est you produce has nowhere to go. Its commonly used as a PST after a steroid cycle, but Estrogen plays a key role in the Male body, so becareful before you fuck around. We arent doctors.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 04:25:56 PM »
As far as I know:
  • Clomid is an aromatase inhibitor: it supresses the work of an enzyme which converts androgens into estrogens.
  • Nolvadex is an estrogen receptor antagonist: it supresses the role of estrogen receptors in cells.
These don't stimulate your body to produce more testoreone. So, unless you have some feminine features (wide hips, lack of body/facial hair, etc), I don't think these would be effective.
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 04:32:25 PM »
As far as I know:
  • Clomid is an aromatase inhibitor: it supresses the work of an enzyme which converts androgens into estrogens.
  • Nolvadex is an estrogen receptor antagonist: it supresses the role of estrogen receptors in cells.
These don't stimulate your body to produce more testoreone. So, unless you have some feminine features (wide hips, lack of body/facial hair, etc), I don't think these would be effective.
They're both SERMS
http://forums.steroid.com/pct-post-cycle-therapy/198848-pct-cycle-recomendations-estrogen-progesterone-cortisol-control.html#post2152838
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:09:00 PM by admin »
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 02:09:11 PM by admin »
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
http://www.ergo-log.com/clomid-testosterone.html
Here is a good article posted in one of the threads I found.  Just like everything it works for some and not for others.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »
Here's a link of an article where the guy talks about how this is known, but no mention of long term results..hence why I'm asking you all.
http://www.mindandmuscle.net/articles/clomid-nolvadex-and-testosterone-stimulation/
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2013, 04:46:17 PM »
http://www.ergo-log.com/clomid-testosterone.html
Here is a good article posted in one of the threads I found.  Just like everything it works for some and not for others.
thanks!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2013, 05:47:16 PM »
340-400 is not low, and any doctor that you would put you on TRT with those lab values (unless you gave a pretty damn extreme list of complaints) is bordering on negligence given the massive endocrine conseqences involved.
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2013, 06:12:00 PM »
340-400 is not low, and any doctor that you would put you on TRT with those lab values (unless you gave a pretty damn extreme list of complaints) is bordering on negligence given the massive endocrine conseqences involved.
Actually it is low for a 34 year old.  And based on my symptoms, for me, pretty crappy. Since I started, I immediatley noticed some positive changes. My Endo has does extensive bloodwork analysis and determined i do, in fact, have hypogonadism.  

deleted

« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2013, 06:59:46 PM »
Actually it is low for a 34 year old.  And based on my symptoms, for me, pretty crappy. Since I started, I immediatley noticed some positive changes. My Endo has does extensive bloodwork analysis and determined i do, in fact, have hypogonadism.  
Testosterone is not just black and white, "this is too low that's abnormally high" sort of thing. There are varying sensitivities within different people....

deleted

« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
You're wrong, 340 is below the reference range for total testosterone.  In a man in his 30's, it is evidence of primary hypogonadism.  Average for a man his age is 650.  OP will have tremendous increase in energy and libido from TRT.  Side effects from 100mg/wk testosterone are rare, and can be managed medically.
I got on TRT with a testosterone level of 320, and it totally changed my life for the better.