Hello Guest
Would they prescribe Amoxil for Strep throat..?
« on: January 16, 2017, 03:05:54 PM »
To a 3 year old. They gave my daughter Amoxil for her strep throat, and a basic cough med? And is generic Amoxil the same as brand new? Does this make sense to you?
Re: Would they prescribe Amoxil for Strep throat..?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 03:08:21 PM »
Yes, as it is from the penicillin family. Penicillin is the traditional treatment for strep. However,  if your child is not showing some good improvement in 48-72 hours after beginning the amoxil, I would check back with your doc. Just please be sure to give it exactly as prescribed and be sure to give it for the prescribed amount of days. People haven't always followed the directions and that is why we are seeing a lot of these drug resistant bacteria. Hope she gets better soon!
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 03:23:21 PM »
This drug is used against all bacterial infections of the ENT sphere, is effective for strep throat, pneumonia, bronchitis and sinusitis, it is used even in the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. If your daughter is not allergic to penicillin, Amoxil can be usefulGeneric drugs are exactly the same as their brand-name counterparts, just much cheaper. They are chemically identical, except for maybe the filler (whatever the actual pill is made of, like sugar, apart from the drug itself).
I personally use generics. The reason why people buy into brand-name medications that have generic counterparts is because they somehow believe the brand-name product is "better", when the active ingredients are in fact IDENTICAL. If you buy brand-name medications, you are literally paying for the brand name and packaging.I use deleted because it is chear, reliable, the quality of medicines is great. This is on my opinion the best place to buy antibiotics online
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:51:35 AM by admin »
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2017, 02:04:52 AM »
This drug is used against all bacterial infections of the ENT sphere, is effective for strep throat, pneumonia, bronchitis and sinusitis, it is used even in the treatment of the gastrointestinal tract. If your daughter is not allergic to penicillin, Amoxil can be usefulGeneric drugs are exactly the same as their brand-name counterparts, just much cheaper. They are chemically identical, except for maybe the filler (whatever the actual pill is made of, like sugar, apart from the drug itself).
I personally use generics. The reason why people buy into brand-name medications that have generic counterparts is because they somehow believe the brand-name product is "better", when the active ingredients are in fact IDENTICAL. If you buy brand-name medications, you are literally paying for the brand name and packaging.I use deleted because it is chear, reliable, the quality of medicines is great. This is on my opinion the best place to buy antibiotics online
If they believe it's better then it is better. 
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:51:55 AM by admin »