Hello Guest
Re: Introduction/Unexplained
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 02:31:07 AM »
Hey there, sorry you have to join us here.
You may find this helpful. I tried to include as many helpful links as possible. If you have questions, please ask.
https://www.reddit.com/r/infertility/comments/89jtun/unexplained_infertilitywhat_the_heck_is_this/
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 03:36:32 AM »
Hey! I'm also a Canadian and living in Alberta. Our RE quoted us $600 a cycle for IUI and $12000 for IVF! Plus if you have pharmaceutical/ultrasound/blood test coverage through work it's even cheaper!!
If you'd like to PM me about Canadian specific stuff I'd be happy to help!
Also, I've heard of people moving to a province with IVF coverage to conceive.
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 03:52:48 AM »
I feel like unexplained is it's own sort of hell. It's what terrifies me the most. I'm sorry you're here, but welcome.
Thank you. Unexplained is it’s own hell
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 03:53:29 AM »
Your story is my story. Nothing to cure, nothing to fix. We did start clomid because two egg chances are better than one. We definitely wanted to do IUI with the goal of ovulating more than one egg before paying for IVF, since we live in the states.Good luck, I hope whatever you decide gets you your dreams.
I may go back and be more persistent about clomid. Thank you
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 03:54:23 AM »
Hey! I'm also a Canadian and living in Alberta. Our RE quoted us $600 a cycle for IUI and $12000 for IVF! Plus if you have pharmaceutical/ultrasound/blood test coverage through work it's even cheaper!!
If you'd like to PM me about Canadian specific stuff I'd be happy to help!
Also, I've heard of people moving to a province with IVF coverage to conceive.
We are in Alberta! Calgary to be exact we were quoted 2,000 for 3 rounds IUI and the IVF number came from a friend who went that route but years ago. I hope it’s now what you were quoted. Thank you!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 04:38:19 AM »
Hi, I would recommend getting the exploratory surgery to rule out endometriosis. 1 in 10 women have endo and it’s a very big factor in a lot of women’s infertility. A lot of women don’t even know they have it until they start TTC.
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 08:01:28 AM »
Welcome - sorry you have to be here!